View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 09:08 PM   #1

Xpro Storm DLX 150 Review

This thread will be used to document my review of the Xpro Storm DLX 150 that I have purchased for my 15 yo daughter to learn on and ride.

Decision Process: Since the bike would be for my daughter who needs to learn how to ride i figured its better to have the lightest bike possible and one with a lower seat height. I was originally thinking the Titan DLX or Templar M but they are both tall and 275+ pounds. I then landed on the Storm 150, its 180 pounds, 35" seat height, 19/16 wheels and 4 speed (N-4Up) . I have no doubt that she may outgrow the bike in the future and ill cross that bridge when the time comes.

Cost: $1250 shipped to Virginia

Make/Model: Zuma S5-150. Interestingly the Templar X is also made by Zuma

MCO: will say "Offroad Motorcycle" but i have already submitted a ticket to get the MCO to say "Motorcycle".
Update 3/16/24: MCO received separately via mail and says "Motorcycle". This will allow registration/plating before the bike is received.
Update: 3/20/24: Registered and plated in VA without issue

Ordering: I purchased directly from xprousa.com as it was $50 less than PSM and i found out they are affiliated companies. After placing the order i received an email as well as a link to "Shop" app that allows me to see my order as well as track the shipment. I also found out that the carrier will either b R&L or XPO. In any case, i'm hoping for the best but not ruling out the worst.
Estimated delivery time: 1 week
Update: Delivered on 3/25/24 in perfect condition, wrapped well with no issues

Maintenance Plans: locktite as much as possible during the build, cover any exposed wiring, oil change, valve adjust

Mod Plans: as with all China bikes, im sure i will need to re-jet the carb but thats tbd for now. I also plan to re-gear probably the front sprocket to a 15T vs the stock 14T to get some more top end and get it closer to the advertisied 65mph top speed which im sure is a pipe dream in stock form

Technical Notes:
Carb: PZ27 with 35 pilot, non-adjustable needle and 95 main
Fuel: 1.58 Gallon Tank; no reserve
Fuel range: I observed about 42 miles at half tank so should be good for 75-80 miles
Throttle cable is short and can bind on left full lock
Wheels unbalanced from factory
Chain adjustment: tricky as the bolt does not thread into the swingarm
Seat height: 35"
Suspension: no adjustment on front; pre-load on rear
Exhaust: has catalyst in the muffler section
Plate mount: There is no white light to illuminate the plate
Attached Images

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Last edited by tknj99; 04-01-2024 at 03:13 PM.