View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 04:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
Well, I got my Templar and it looked as though R&L played fork lift hockey with it.

My overall impression is good, both the Templar and PSM. Unfortunately it's been really cold here and my dad was in the hospital for a week. I've ridden it less than 2 miles so far. I'll update this thread later with photos and more info.

Questions for Templar owners:

1) What size spanner wrench to adjust rear shock preload?
2) Any reason not to run 87 octane in this low compression engine?
3) What headlight bulb?
4) What diameter for the fork spring preload spacers?

-I have not attempted to adjust the preload on the rear shock, not sure about spanner size, might be the same on the X

- I have not pulled the bulb, but might be different on the X. TexPete has posted details about the headlight bulb(s).

-I have not taken apart front forks, so I don't know what size for shimming the springs

But yes, you can run regular unleaded. I don't hear any detonation on stock ZS172 engines (5 or 6 speed).

Note: Someone found the KKE suspension website. It is in another thread...Your forks and rear shock might be listed. KKE might respond to inquiries about them.

BTW, R&L beat up my 1st Temp X crate. I don't know where the oil came from, but the crate was standing on end in the truck when it arrived at my house! A$$holes.