View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #8

I never had an issue with my '09 bike's CDI, so was surprised when I pulled up to the main prison gate on my new TMEC, the bike died when I was showing my ID, and would not restart. Fuel was near full, and spark plug was still silver with no hint of carbon buildup. I got a ride home, got on Chinariders, and someone with a Skyteam had the same issue as to bike not starting, and someone mentioned CDI. I drove all the way back to work with my '09's CDI and tools, and realized that I did not bring my keys once I had swapped out the CDI. A coworker gave me a ride the next morning (I made sure I had the keys!), and since the bike was parked near the main prison gate, I hopped on the bike, turned the key, and she started right up (I had failed to bring a helmet or even my 'Ducati' Oakley sun-glasses since we don't have a helmet law but one is required to have eye protection if the bike does not have a windshield), unexpectedly, since I doubted it would be such a simple fix.

I rode the 16 miles home with the wind whipping through my hair, eyes, and mouth. Called Excalibur, and they sent me a warranty CDI as well as I paid for an extra one. I theoretically have 3 spares, just in case!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard