View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

New RX3 Owner in Colorado (sort of)

Finally bit the bullet. After riding Marzhere's RX-3 on and off for the past year and a half, including the 2016 CSC Baja ride, I have been pondering getting a second RX3 for myself. Then pondering a 2015 or a 2016.

There have been a few posted here and on Craigslist in various parts of the country. I eventually found one for a smok'n price down in Houston on a 2015 (blue) with very low (170) miles. Tiger12XB (William) lives down in that neck of the woods and was kind enough to check out the bike. I cannot thank William enough for helping me out. Great guy.

I was originally going to fly then ride. It being November and travel back to Colorado was starting to look a little dicey so I chose to drive and haul the bike back on my hitch carrier. The long holiday weekend would be a great time to bomb down to Houston and pick it up. Marzhere and Zenni (our dog) indicated they were up for the trip as well.

As luck would have it, my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson who live in Corpus Christi were going to Houston over the weekend as well so we were able spend some time with them on Thanksgiving day.

Picked up the bike on Friday morning and started back to Colorado. At this point we decided to head back up I-45 towards Dallas and surprise my parents who live outside Dallas. They had no idea we were coming. Had a great visit and stay with them, albeit short.

The RX3 purchase turned into an awesome and memorable trip with unexpected time with family.

Rojo
Attached Images