View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 02:33 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
You will want to remove the EGR plumbing and then can use a thin metal bracket and cut....
What he said Got to it before me! Haha

The only thing to keep in mind about that EGR stuff - when you remove it and keep the stock catalytic converter pipe, there is a chance that the CAT will become clogged with time. I haven't had that happen to me luckily - but have read that could happen. If you do go with the boost bottle, every 150mi I uncap one side and drain the gas back into the tank. I don't have as much going into the bottle anymore - I had to run way rich with the stock pipe to get the results I wanted; hopefully not ruining the internals in the process! I can't remember the exact site I got the blocker plate from - Ohio motorcycle or something of that nature - 8 bucks with hardware and a new gasket. Also, my EGR tubing that was routed above the engine was pinched and wouldn't start, and if it did wouldn't stay running long at all. I too had the breather tube debacle on the gas cap, probably common for these!

Note on the CDI's: The adjustable ones won't work with this bike. I was planning to check one out for myself and noticed most all of the adjustable ones are DC - this bike is AC, if I'm not mistaken.. and use all six pins. Nothing will happen if you plug the wrong one up though, just wont start. The orange CDI's are rated the best on every outlet where you can get them. The blue metal one I have too, just bulky-ish and awkward to install.

So I take it there's yet another X-Pro coming soon?! Good on ya, mate! You won't be disappointed!!