View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 01:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
As a total nube what does this do for me and the bike? Is it for going in and changing parameters to make it a BMW or KTM? ) Need a 101 wannabe geek coarse for changing any of it. How and why? The rest of the mechanical things I can screw up all by myself. rj
Not that this is apples to apples, but I have a wifi OBDII connector in my truck, and I can access it with a free app on my iPhone. It allows me to choose from several monitoring options, and I'm most interested in temperature.

The gauge in my truck is somewhat vague, and it's in Metric. I still think in Fahrenheit when it comes to cars, and I like to know what my engine is doing when I'm towing my holiday trailer.

The connector and software for an RX3 will allow you to pinpoint trouble down the road, because it will tell you if you have a faulty throttle position sensor, oxygen sensor or whatever else. A very wise tool investment.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer