View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #1

A question about TT250 registration in PA

I just got all my paperwork from CSC. Very thorough. I have already added the bike to my insurance.

I read this checklist published by the state DMV (pdf):

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DV...ts/fs-toos.pdf

It's reasonably clear. I called a tag notary out of curiousity and they said just bring all the paperwork I have and they will take it from there, but it sounded worryingly vague, and I don't like vague...

I'm curious about the vin tracing; it looks like the only thing I have left to do is obtain that when the bike arrives.

So, my questions are:
  1. Is it better to go to the tag notary? The DMV proper is next door, but experience tells me there is usually a long wait.
  2. The vin tracing sounds straightforward enough. If they insist on this being done by an inspection person or notary, do I have to trailer the bike there? How would you do this with if you'd bought a car or truck? It seems a bit...difficult.
  3. If all goes well do I get plates straight away? I've not been through this before.
  4. I have ten days from registration to get the bike inspected; can I ride it during this time?

I'd done some searching on this topic, but some of the terminology confuses me (I'm not originally from here...) Thanks in advance.