View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 02:50 PM   #13

Dropping that lathe on my foot would have really really hurt. I damn near got taken out by the lathe chuck when I killed the power at high speed and it unscrewed itself. SOB came after me pretty quick.(Note to self:disengage transmission before cutting power)

The operators manual came today and it reads like my former company's operator manuals, meaning next to useless. I'm on the hunt now for an Atlas/Craftsman 9" Maintenance Manual. That one looks like it will be a tough one to locate. There is a pretty good site in the UK that has good info on this puppy, like belt lengths and how to actually work the transmission. Also, this lathe may be closer to 1932 than to 1936. Either way, it's old.

As to my boo boo, I see a bone doc on Tuesday to get my hard cast and have him/her/it take a gander at my knee. I hope it's just a sprain and not a torn ACL. The ankle is letting me know that I screwed up, but the knee has been whining more than it did Thursday night.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts