View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 12:23 AM   #4885

Thumbs Up accessories?

Well, having time to heal and get acquainted with the new metal in my leg has given me time to read the entire thread. I've learned a lot, and haven't seen most of the bickering prevalent on the "other" ADV site, which is refreshing. As I solidify my order I have a couple of questions...is the aftermarket skidplate worth the extra expense and hassle (related to oil changes) or is the stock one sturdy and protective enough to run mild off road on? Second, What is the latest on handguards? I want the wrap around kind, like Moose or Tusk. I can ream out the bar for the inserts, but do they still hit anything plugged into the accessory outlet? Would 1/2 or 1" risers work to avoid hitting my charger if it's plugged in ? Anything new on the front with them? I'd get the CSC ones, but it's not the protection I need from a drop.
Lastly, I heard the orange is a different shade than the '15's with UV resistance...correct? I want the orange I am trying to time my shipment for when I am bipedal again.