View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #4888

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
Well, having time to heal and get acquainted with the new metal in my leg has given me time to read the entire thread. I've learned a lot, and haven't seen most of the bickering prevalent on the "other" ADV site, which is refreshing. As I solidify my order I have a couple of questions...is the aftermarket skidplate worth the extra expense and hassle (related to oil changes) or is the stock one sturdy and protective enough to run mild off road on? Second, What is the latest on handguards? I want the wrap around kind, like Moose or Tusk. I can ream out the bar for the inserts, but do they still hit anything plugged into the accessory outlet? Would 1/2 or 1" risers work to avoid hitting my charger if it's plugged in ? Anything new on the front with them? I'd get the CSC ones, but it's not the protection I need from a drop.
Lastly, I heard the orange is a different shade than the '15's with UV resistance...correct? I want the orange I am trying to time my shipment for when I am bipedal again.
I kept the stock skid plate.

I installed Tusk D-Flex hand guards, and Tusk handlebar risers. I also trimmed the ends of the handguards. Therefore, I do have clearance between the hand guards and the power accessory outlets.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894