View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post

The only thing stopping me from buying it is the dealer price.

ABS model is $5,700 USD. Add sales tax and all the dealer BS fees and I was quoted an OTD price of $7,500 USD.

...and that is with no accessories. Similarly equipped, it will easily be the price of two RX3's.

.....hmmmmmmmm.

jb
I was just quoted $5150 or $5400 non/abs from Romney Cycles on the east coast, add 75$ and that's their OTD price, plus whatever your state tax is on the bike.

Honestly that's not a bad price and my RX3 with the 19" wheel, usb and Shinko 805's was 4200 to my door. It's basically 1000 more than the RX3 or 1250 if you prefer ABS.

Of course you'll then need Luggage and crash bars plus a skid plate (the stock skid plate on the RX is a bit weak though to be fair).

The Kawasaki will hold value better than the RX3 so that 1000 difference isn't really much, it's the accessories that add value to the RX3.

The RX3 is still competitive but it's no longer alone. The RX4 is going to be up for some stiff competition when it arrives as it'll likely be priced at or very close to the Kawasaki and by then the KTM 390 ADV will be around and if Yamaha jumps in we may see a 320 Tenere.