View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
I think we can all agree the x300 is the ideal small adventure sport bike (so far). Certainly not ideal for off road in its current state but it might not take much to greatly improve it's off road prowess either.

I see the x300 competing more against the CB500X and other more street oriented adventure styled bikes.

I think Kawasaki is having great success putting the ninja engine in a cruiser that the figured why not try it with an adventure bike.
I think you're referring to the Vulcan? that's the Ninja 650 mill which is a really nice twin. It's also in the Versys and people love that bike.

It's interesting that you mention the Honda 500 series. I rode the CBR500R and it's a seriously well made bike, but for an entry level sport standard (like the Ninja 300) the engine was just a bit too well-mannered. The CB500 and 500X however, are absolutely brilliant, and I have a little buyer's remorse I didn't get the former as It's a really good commuter, and those same easy manners on the engine work really well.