View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #85

If your in the market for a commuter, have a very very good look at the Honda NC700x. My father just picked one up for 5800 with DCT all the factory luggage, the touring screen and 12v plug. It's a year old with 2500 miles on it.

I've ridden it and the DCT is amazing and I'm a manual fan. It fits that engine perfectly. Think of it as an automatic F1 car transmission, it has a mpg, drive logic or a S sport logic that stays higher in the rpm. Manual mode uses quick shifters on the left grip. It's nothing at all like the car auto transmissions. This thing is lightning quick and shifts when you click it, it does not wait like a car does for appropriate rpm. I've ridden the Africa Twin with it as well for two days. I'd pick DCT over manual at this point.

Best of all the built in trunk is awesome and he got 74mpg and 72 out of the first two fills. The first was at 65-75 mph uphill into the AZ mountains. This is calculated at the pump. I've never seen anything that efficient at freeway speeds. This is I think 680cc. My RX gets 52-55 at that speed. Range is 200 plus miles per tank.

It uses screw adjustable valves which require 16,000 mile checks and are easy to access, easier than the RX.

Handling is very good with a super low CG and 17" wheels. We did plenty or riding on loose gravel forest roads and the low CG makes it feel as light as a 400lb bike. Low speed manners are the best I've ever ridden on a bike.

It's a very underrated motorcycle and now I want one just for commuting.