Thread: Making it mine
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 08:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's a good look. It would be a nice detail to have a bit of the same red on the trunk as well, like a small pin stripe. Maybe there is pin stripe tape in a similar red also.
You're right, but I also use this case on my Valk and the reds don't match. If I decide to use it exclusively on the RX-3, then I'll stripe or paint an accent section. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
George, can you fit a full face helmet in that travel trunk? and did you have to change out the mounting plate on the bike to get it attached? I'm thinking I need a slightly larger top case than the stock CSC one...
A full face helmet will fit and this Coocase was designed with that in mind. Unfortunately, this particular model, the V-28, is no longer available so you may have to do some research into finding an equivalent. It comes with a base plate that is held onto the rack with 2 nuts and bolts that line up with precut holes in both the rack and base plate. It's very sturdy, but if you were to take on a passenger and use the case as a backrest, I would add a third nut and bolt. For that you would probably have to drill the rack.

I did have another rear case for a while from JC Whitney that was much larger, 48 liters I believe, but it was old and didn't hold up to offroading.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L