View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Well....Couple things here. Ive had the tank off and the sending unit out several times (due to the excessive rust in the tank my bike showed up with). While waiting on the replacement tank I gave mine a muratic acid cleansing that worked great. However, after I had it all buttoned up and was installing fuel I noticed fuel steadily dripping onto the garage floor. My fuel sending unit was leaking fuel where the wire goes threw the unit.

Flustered since I've had this out too many times already I removed the sending unit and blocked it off. (picture)

I also installed the 110 jet into the stock carb, also added a washer to the needle to richen it up a tiny bit and while it ran / worked great, I personally did not notice a "huge" difference.

Maybe I'm expecting it to run like a 400?? (it runs great) but the power still felt the same to me.
Gas gauges on bikes are overrated unless you have fuel injection, and even then you have a trip meter. Out of all the bikes I've had, only four have had gauges and none of them were accurate. That's why carbureted bikes come with a reserve. Call me Old School but it's just not a big deal to me. Get on, slosh the bike back and forth, your ear tells you how much gas you basically have. Hell, my old Harley had no gauges whatsoever. It was like a bicycle.

Regarding the mods, no....it won't turn your bike into a 400.....but it will most definitely make it more responsive and have more even power across the band. Don't forget the real upside to these....the dang things will run forever and sip gas. ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350