View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_newbie View Post
The only thing that really scares me the most about the XP is the 34.7" seat height

I am 6' 2" and my inseam is 32" and being a beginner here, I would like a firm grip on the ground while stopped at a light and not have it tip over on me to the sight of others watching...

How is the seat height for those who have one?

How bright is the headlight at night?
Firstly, the QLink XP200 is a very well built, reliable little motorcycle. If you want to buy a new bike, it will be hard to beat the value of the QLink XP200. However, if you are willing to buy a used Japanese bike, you can certainly find some exceptional values for the same amount of money, if you are willing to be patient.

The XF200 has a much lower saddle height, but the XP200 is much more trail worthy, without sacrificing any street capabilities. Therefore, I would prefer the XP200, myself.

I am the same height as you, but I have 30-inch inseam. Even after lowering my CRF250X by 2.1-inches, it still has a 35.1-inch saddle height. Given your size, I strongly suggest you get the taller, XP200. That saddle height will serve you well. These bikes are very light, and you will easily be able to keep both feet flat on the ground with a 32-inch inseam. If you get a lower saddle than 34.7-inches, you will probably regret the decision, and you might feel like a bear riding a bicycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894