Thread: Rx3s
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Goshawk, there's a ton of ways to bend the DR to your will, and an almost cult-like following for that bike (it seems that one cult is carved out for the DR650, and another cult for the KLR. And of course, let's not forget our own happy little band of China Rider stalkers), I pick up most of my DR parts from www.procycle.us
They have everything you can think of, and parts you didn't even know you needed. Lowering the DR the "right" way is a snap and can be accomplished in an afternoon. Sliding the forks up through the tree and changing the rear link position (the "wrong" way) can be done in about an hour. I've ridden bikes that have been lowered both ways, and honestly found very little difference between them. Again, it goes right back to your comfort level and knowing your limits. Regardless of where you land on the scale, there's bound to be support for it. Feel free to ping me if you have any questions about the DR specifically. Or look me up if you're ever in the Phoenix area. I'd be happy to meet up with you and have a ride.
Thanks Emerikol, that is a very kind offer, and I have a feeling we would enjoy the meeting. As 3000 miles (give or take a few) separates us, it is an unlikely happening. But....... stranger things have occured. I spend much of my summers on an island off the Maine coast, but would reciprocate should you find yourself in Western Maine or "Downeast". (Don't ask, I only live there, not name the places).