Thread: Rx3s
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Sprite, good to see you. How have you been doing?
Doing alright, not getting enough riding in (had that long time away and lost a whole season+ to a foot surgery) - and it's getting to be the hot time of year again....doesn't help that I'm still very much a newb on the motorcycle but I still have my RX3 and try to take it out periodically. I really wish I had access to some graded forest roads much closer to home where I didn't have to ride superslab with all the 75+ mph traffic (and semis! and people on their cellphones)...and our truck is not set up to trailer bikes (it's a very anemic 4cyl taco). Haven't gotten in the habit of using my RX3 as a commuter - I'm embarrassed to admit I'm very much a fair weather rider...and it really is a lot easier to throw my stuff in the car rather than get fully geared and figure out where to put all my gear once I get to work (not to mention the whole riding past sunset thing that I don't like to do esp in the cooler months).

I've been checking in periodically here and see what everyone's been up to and remind myself the only way I'm going to be more comfortable on my bike is to actually spend more time on it. It was also good to see the reminder that at some point hopefully I am confident enough on the RX3 to potentially join up with the CSC crowd for a longer road trip. How've you been doing?