View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 03:29 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynice View Post
Currently looking into how efis work. By no means am I an expert whatsoever. Id assume the fuel pump is fine (when you first turn the key on you hear a whirrr which indictates its priming and giving fuel to the next part in line). Mentioned it has compression from the finger test on the spark plug hole. Now since the plug was fouled its from too much gas/too little air. Leaning more towards not enough air since there was kinda like build up if you will of extra gas. Maybe the valve that opens for air when you twist the throttle isnt opening correctly/enough? Say the sensor is telling the gas portion of the system to put more in, but its not able to get the correct amount of air to match it(when you twist the throttle). I honestly dont know how to diagnose it, but it would make logical sense to me atleast. My hands on experience with efis is slim to none lol.
Okay to me that makes enough sense honestly even though no one really knows it seems as a collective and the process of elimination we are getting closer to figuring it out