View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 02:17 PM   #12

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
I agree with severely on this.. i did alot of research on these Chinese bikes before purchase of the Brozz and you can read all about these CG 250 bikes being sold, beaten up and still going strong after many miles/years in 3rd world countries. That added to the fact they are a clone of a bulletproof Honda engine sealed the deal for me. Now perhaps other elements may not last a decade, ie. switches/electrical and other small parts, but the beauty lies in the fact that they are readily available and cheap to find on Amazon/Ebay if/when needed as well as easy to work on and fix yourself.
Also, yes, no dealer network can be tough, but i consider this forum to be all the dealer network you need to guide you in the right direction and help should any issues arise.
Now, my feelings do change, however, when it comes to going beyond the 2k mark. I did buy and later sell an RX4 and although there was great dealer support thru CSC, when it came to aftermarket support there was none for things such as piggy-back fuel controller, ecu tune, etc. Things that are commonplace for Jap/Euro bikes. That is also why i steer people towards the carb version and more simplistic nature of that variant when deciding between FI and carb for a Chinese bike. perhaps the aftermarket may increase in the future but its probably a long way off.
I agree and would add there is a significant portion of the riding population who enjoy tinkering with their bikes. Kinda similar to HD riders in that almost anything you do improves the bikes performance [carbs, jetting, suspension, etc]. Nothing really beats the ZEN when you make a successful mod to your bike and go for a ride.