View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #34

Got mine yesterday. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things tomorrow to get to this.

EDIT:
Well, I was able to get up and around and get to this today. Everything went very well. The only thing I almost changed was to get rid of the little blue/white stripe pinch connector. I've just had bad luck with those in the past but I went with it anyway. Just my paranoia. I'm sure it will be fine since it's not under a truck like a trailer harness gathering weather and mud.

Wheel sensor: I had no problems mounting it. The wheel spun when I torqued it to spec. My only concerns were that there's no nub to hold it anchored in place like the stock one (see pic). Somehow, someway, by "FM" it stays in place when torqued. I also found that I had to rotate it up (about 12:00 o'clock) and mount it just forward of the fork leg (see pic). If I didn't, it would press against the fork leg and I didn't want that sideways torque on the sensor.

It works great! A fine looking product and Mrs. 2LZ loves the display. Classy setup.
Thanks mjstef!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 02-06-2019 at 10:18 AM.