View Single Post
Old 06-25-2023, 03:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The temptation to get an actual Honda is a good point. But, apparently, the KPX has upgrades that the Honda does not. Not to mention the top speed of the KPX makes it suitable for freeways.

The KPX is kind of like how the SS3 aka KPMini 150 out-Groms the Grom. The SS3 does it at around $500+ less than the Grom, whereas the KPX is around the same price.

Resale is probably where the Hondas would beat the Lifans in the long-term, but the Lifan bikes are starting to 'grow' on people, so they might not take significant hits on resale later on.
I'm curious as to what these upgrades are?
From a quick google search
KPX 250 top speed stock - 80MPH
Honda XR150L top speed stock - 70MPH

Where I live the highest speed limit you will see is 65 - so either would do fine, with the honda just slightly behind. Personally, I would never take either on the highway/freeway, as I need something that can get up out of the way. (Speed limit may be 65 but everyone and their mom is doing 90)

My main reason for the honda over the KPX would be the warranty. Problems with the Honda would be Honda's problems to fix - Problems with Chinese bikes (KPX?) are typically your problems to fix.