Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #173

430 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
...What do you think the overall weight of this bike would be if the luggage, luggage racks and the crash bars were removed? Also do you know if the bike could be purchased without the luggage, luggage racks and crash bars?...
I weighed mine; with the optional Tourfella top case, it's mounting rack, the CSC skid plate, and a full to the brim gas tank, and got 470 lbs. Minus the case and it's rack, and assuming that you remove the crash bars after purchase (they're included in the base price for the bike, you'll probably be looking at 430 lbs. fully fueled.

You can get the RX4 without any luggage, but the crash bars are part of the base package. So you would have to remove them yourself, if you feel that you don't need them. I can vouch for their effectiveness when it comes to dropping the bike, however, and would recommend retaining them. They come in handy for other things as well, such as auxiliary light mounting; and as leg perches, that let you rest you legs on them for stretching and changing up position during long rides.