View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #36

That's the boots I was talking about. The guy who has them said they were pretty stiff at first, but broke in well and are pretty comfy for MX boots. He said he wears them all day when working on the farm (alot of walking) and has no trouble. Even after a year he said they remain waterproof too.
I have a pair of Thor 50/50's right now. While they are very comfortable they don't offer enough protection and they soak up water like a sponge... They are good on dry summer days, but when it's wet and/or cold they are awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSouth
These boots? -
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...d=10201&mmyId=

They are the ones I've been looking at. I prefer that type of sole over what's on most other boots, and as you say...the price looks really good. How long has your buddy had them? I'm curious as to how they hold up over time, and how comfortable/uncomfortable they are to walk in. Not hiking, mind you...but just the normal short walks like into a store or maybe a few hundred yards away from the bike every so often.

My Icon boots were not comfortable at first, but they've broken in nicely and are quite comfortable to walk in now. I have spent a good deal of time in hunting boots though...so maybe I just adapt to them easier than most.