View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 12:18 AM   #26

I talked to Shawn. The ignition coil was sent out, so he should be receiving it soon. At least part of this problem (and, to be fair, probably all of it) was NOT Q9's fault. The problem was on our end. RPS moved to a new warehouse, which was a very time consuming and difficult process. Consequently, there was a huge parts backlog for every dealer, which is now more or less cleared up. Dealers really should keep some parts in stock for themselves, it would reduce shipping costs and be quicker, but almost none of them do.

The following is just general info for everyone:

If you ever feel a dealer isn't responding, please feel free to email rickypowersports -at- gmail.com. Tell other users to use that email. You still need to contact your dealer if you are claiming a warranty, because the warranty is between you and them... but contact us if they aren't responding or you think they are wrong. We get a LOT of emails, from dealers, retail customers, and all the typical internet spam (business emails get a LOT of junk, like people who want to loan us $250,000 to open a burger barn in Uganda). Since we actually do buy stuff overseas, we get a LOT of emails from people who want to sell us boatloads of garbage. We don't always have time to respond and your email gets lost. Feel free to email repeatedly until u get a response, once a day isn't inappropriate (some people send fifty a day, which is ridiculous and makes it hard to keep track of legitimate emails). We do see them and will get back to you. I know a lot of businesses don't check their emails, but we are definitely reading all of them.

Putting "parts" and the name of your dealer into the subject heading helps us filter through the emails, identify them, and find them later. Try to be very clear about what you need. We get a lot of emails like "need sporcket and plate" and we don't even know what unit it is for. Pictures help a lot, but don't send us giant 3.5 megabyte high resolution photos that don't even show anything. If you want something shipped, including your shipping information so we don't have to go back and forth asking.

We also get a ridiculous number of spam phone calls, and don't always listen to the voicemail. The phone basically rings non-stop all day and night, and most of it has nothing to do with the business. So use the email or send me a PM here (email is better as I don't check this every day, but this is a good backup if you aren't getting a response by email).