View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 01:28 PM   #1

Doh! Vitacci pentora 250cc carb issues

Hi maybe someone can help me out. I recently purchased a new vitacci pentora 250cc sport quad. I did the nibbi pe30 carb swap. I cut the manifold adapted a cooper elbow, 48 mm cone filter, NGK plug all the usual upgrades as well as adapted a 788 pro torq CRF 230 exhaust. After chasing a few air leaks I got it all good but I just can't get the jetting right. Right out of the box the nibbi pe30 had a 128 main jet and a 40 pilot jet. It was too rich "black plug". I live in Pennsylvania the elevation here is 460'. I have a jet kit that I purchased from Amazon. I went down to a 32 pilot jet and 115 main jet. Still rich. The 32 pilot jet was the smallest one in the kit. I've been in and out with the air fuel mixture screw and even went all the way down to position one on the needle. Still loading up at idle. I have the same carb on my xpro Templar 250x and that one ran perfectly out of the box with the stock jets and minimal air/fuel screw adjustment . I've been tuning carbs for years and never run into this problem. I'm having problems finding smaller than 32 pilot jets for the nibbi pe30 carb also and I'm not even sure anymore if that's the problem. If anyone has any useful information I would surely appreciate it
Thanks in advance. -Rob