Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 12:26 AM   #12

Thumbs Up Lighter is Better

I’m not interested in the fully loaded RX4. I’m more in the Scrambler model mode. I don’t want crashbars, hard saddlebags, hard top box, 12volt socket plug, USB ports, heated grips, cellphone bracket, etc. (an over-loaded, too heavy motorcycle) I’m not traveling coast to coast.
I want a light weight, lightly equipped, easily controlled, and easy to pick up if I’m dumped in the off road, non-paved, non-traveled territory. I want to explore interesting areas.
So the fully accessorized RX4 is not my bike. I don’t want to pay for a bike I then have to strip down to my specs! So to me the now listed price is too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
It bugs me when one dealer, CSC is honest and transparent with fees and people bash them for being more expensive without having any clue about the real hidden fees that EVERY other dealership has. Plus the Versys is a street bike that only looks like an adventure bike. It would cost propably $1000 - $2000 to upgrade the Versys so it could do what the RX4 is capable of stock. Then you still need to add another $500-$1000 for racks & luggage. Apples to apples the RX4 will beat the competition or CSC wouldn't be importing it.