View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 02:16 AM   #2

Skygo King 150 minor issues

Please don't take this the wrong way. I have no desire to trash talk my adopted home. That doesn't keep me from recognising that some of the ways they do things here are strange and frustrating. Initial registration of a new vehicle is handled by a different part of the LTO (land transportation office) than the section that does renewals. Mostly this isn't a problem. I happen to live in a region notorious for delays. It took me ten weeks to get the paperwork required to legally drive the bike on the street. This caused a problem. I threw some gas in on the way home but it was only 89 octane. The owners manual says 91 minimum. After ten weeks in the tropical heat it was running kind of rough. It had to run for a while with a fresh fill of the right fuel to smooth out. The delay gave me a chance to go over the machine looking for "gotcha's". Threaded fasteners seem to alternate between finger tight and torqued to hell and gone. There also seems to be a shortage of cotter pins and lock nuts. If you're going to buy one of these get the BIG bottle of locktite. I have long been a fan of 242 blue but have switched to the 243. The big difference is surface prep. 243 can deal with a trace of oil and still perform reliably. The front brake is much less spongy now, you can actually feel when the shoes make full contact.

Last edited by JoeKahno; 05-26-2023 at 09:54 PM.