View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I purchased a used, Dell Latitude laptop running Windows 7.1, 32-bit software. I installed PCHUD, configured the computer, and I am getting data. I needed to configure port 4 to 10400 baud to enable the data link.

I used all three of your .par and .hud files; they work great. Thank you for all your labor, Kat.

I got playback to work, but I can't get log to work. I keep getting an error message telling me I don't have enough memory to open the log file. I also can't locate any .lgw files. Do you have any hints? I would like to make a few graphs.
Glad to here you are up and running , spud.

I don't think on this occasion a lack of ram memory is the problem.

your log file is too small, for some reason you haven't been able to record a properly formed log so your laptop is running out of memory because Log.exe its searching for data in the log file that just isn't there.

A typical 4 minute log would be something in the region of 140kb.

Some ideas of why your not getting a proper log file recording.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure PCHUD is receiving data before you start the capture
and also that is still receiving data when you stop the capture.

I usually run PCHUD as administrator but not sure if this makes any difference.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment the purpose of the .lgw files are unclear but i do know you don't need them to create the graphs.

When you are running log.exe select the file tab then open then go on to select your .log file.
At this point you won't see any graphs.
Select the graph tab and then new, you will be presented with a list of parameters that you can then select. When one is selected log.exe will create a graph of that parameter.

I will have a look to see if i can find some more answers for you about your log files not working