Thread: Fork Fluid
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
The chart is useful in a few different ways. You don't really need to know what cSt means, just use the numbers to compare. As an example, 2ZL uses the the BelRay 10w and the chart shows that is has a cSt of 33.5. Spud likes the Mobil 1 @ 34.0. These two will be pretty dang close in performance. The thing is that the Mobil 1 will be readily more available to most of us. Blackbike says that he uses it in his truck's transmission. Also, like 2ZL said, once you find a brand you like (availability, anti-foaming, ect.) you can use the chart to find a higher or lower cSt based on need.
Dang! If it's that close, I'll get the Mobil 1 next time around at Walmart! ;-)
All good info once again.

Edit: I thought I'd price compare to see how much I'd save. I may have another bike joining the "rescue" (as my neighbor calls my garage) and will probably do all the fluids.

On Amazon (my small town Walmart doesn't list it) has the Mobil 1 ATF for 9.50 a qt. Prep Boys is around 9.

I paid 11.33 for a liter of Bel Ray on Amazon with free shipping.
These are priced far closer than I thought they'd be. I thought the "fancy" fork oil would have been quite a bit more. Surprising.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350