View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 09:41 PM   #23

Got this thing back and it was an oily sandy mess inside. So I spent considerable time cleaning the inside. Now that it's clean it's ready to be reassembled.

Stopped at home depot and got some angle iron and some all thread. After all the rear ends ive built I'm finally building myself a case spreader.

The case has one 3/4 and one 1/2 hole for the case spreader to attach to, so I found some scraps that fit those dimensions. I did have to revise this design as it was blocking the bearing caps from going in. No big deal, we are learning.

Here it is set in place. You turn the buckles and the case spreads. Easy as pie.

And this is why you need a case spreader. I pulled this out during disassembly. No doubt it got bent during final carrier preloading last time when I swapped the spool in.

May not have this out again for a while so I decided to take some weights. This is the empty housing weight.

This is fully dressed weight. It has a spool, no brakes, aluminum rear cover.

I was an idiot to not powder coat this thing sooner. It looks very pimp now. Will reinstall this weekend. Stay tuned.

07 CRF50 - Stock