View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:41 PM   #1347

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
A timely blog post on the CSC blog. I'd be interested to hear more from these guys on how the bike performed and any issues that may have popped up along the way.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=22516

Rojo
This bike will open up the budget adventure bike market like what I have seen on Horizonsunlimited (S. America) and what 'Wolftrax' is intending to do with his Hawk. In other words, for those starting off in N. America (i.e. from Europe) intending to go south of the US/Mexico border, these will offer a slightly more reliable way to do so as compared to the Hawk (taking into account the stuff one has to do to get it running more reliably compared to straight out of the box). On Horizonsunlimited, people are ALWAYS asking for advice on where to buy a used bike, or the best way to ship one over, in order to go on an adventure ride. This would offer one a far better deal than renting a bike (assuming one wanted to spend months riding vs. a few days), shipping one's own bike over and back again, or buying a used bike and making sure it is ready for such a long ride. Like what 'Wolftrax' is calling his trip--a 'ride and dump.' If worse comes to worse, just give it to someone!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard