View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 04:20 PM   #39

Question wondering ?

Reading these xPro/PowerSportsMax experiences got me wondering:
  1. Are Amazon xPro orders automatically processed as 'assembled' orders? ... because I haven't noticed ANY regular, non-assembled orders from Amazon. If so, that might explain why Amazon prices are higher? ... i.e. due to 'assembly'.
  2. Is Xpro responsiveness to Amazon orders the result of Amazon forcing vendors to agree to 'Amazon customer treatment standards', as a condition to running a 'store' on Amazon?
  3. Are 'assembled' bikes re-crated and shipped NOT labeled as from China ... such that the shippers' personnel don't 'intentionally' damage crates not marked as from China?
If it's true that xPro Amazon offerings are for 'assembled' units, ONLY, I noticed that the Templar X is the SAME 'assembled' price on Amazon as on PowerSportsMax i.e. $2,000. Amazon shipping costs $400 vs. $300 at PowerSportsMax. Thus, the price difference is $100.

Is it worth $400 to get one assembled and undamaged in a non-China-marked crate ... and not have to chase an unresponsive distributor for parts/warranty etc. ? Is your time and anxiety worth $400? ... whether you need/want it assembled ... or not?

I'm thinking that a Kawasaki KLX300 is still about 3x more $$$ than a Templar X ... although the KLX300 has fuel injection and 42 cc more displacement!

Last edited by Discoveror; 01-06-2024 at 11:33 AM.