View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:52 PM   #877

I just installed a combination Voltmeter and Dual Port USB Quick Charge 3.0 adapter in place of a failed 12V outlet. The 12V lost its ground connection internally and since it is hermetically sealed, there was no way for me to repair the thing. I had to enlarge the stock port opening from 27 mm to 30 mm with a unibit drill bit to fit the adapter. I also used a second lock ring directly under the face of the adapter to raise it up about 5 mm, since I did not like the way that it sat on the face of the adapter housing that attaches to the instrument cluster. For the electrical connection, I just cut the plug off of the old 12V port and soldered it onto the USB's wiring harness. The USB ports charge a lot faster than the RX3's stock accessory USB port. It now takes about an hour to charge a dead cellphone, whereas the stock port takes around 3 hours or more. It is also nice to be able to monitor voltage at a glance, to detect any charging issues. For those interested, you can see it here:

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Water...tronics&sr=1-3