View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
You have proven that there is some good looking bike under the stock fugly things! Thank you!!
Thank you... I always like to share when I think I have something worth sharing. In hopes to give ideas and to get feedback also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
wonder which swingarm would be stronger? i ask because back in 1977 i was on a 77 650 kz1 comming thru a wide sweeping curve at 125 and the swingarm wasnt strong enough and i got the dreaded back wheel wiggle... not fun at that speed..pucker factor 110% it quit by the time i got down to 100 but i decide not to try that again.
Could come from low tire pressure in the rear tire also. Not that the tire pressure was noticeably low. But low enough for the tire to flex enough at that angle.
I do know the swingarms that I have selected will be strong enough. Since they were designed and built for much heavier/bigger bikes. With that said also presents a bit of a problem for me. Since I'm also concerned about weight.
So I decided to go with the xr250 rear swingarm. It's is the lightest of the 3. Plus it is just as strong so I'm happy about this.
I had the cbr250r swinger already to do some work to it. But I just couldn't because I felt the need to go with a lighter swingarm.
To some pics for visual....I will be cutting the xr250 swinger down some. Where the original axle goes through. Then make new slotted axle holes. The axle adjusters will slide inside the swingarm with end caps.
Attached Images