Thread: Pannier Rack?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 06:31 PM   #9

Well, on my RX4 it has the rear racks, and they are anchored really solidly so I'm not going to mess with them unless they break.
finding the want to ride the thing is the biggest problem mainly because of the weight,
but there's not much I can do about that !
I did cut down the side stand yesterday and took out another 1/2" to give it a better lean on a flat hard surface.... it was too vertical before.... so I have taken out 1 1/2" out of the side stand and it's just about right now....
getting down to the sub frame on either of these CSC bikes is a major P.I.T.A. as you have to disassemble the entire back of the bike. that means EVERYTHING
but it is a possable better FIX for the TT250 as the Hand rail that I bolted to is thin aluminum and it does flex quite a bit. only time will tell if it holds up to being dumped on it's side or not.... if anything brakes it will be that aluminum hand rail I guarantee it!
....but it's one of those " I'll cross that bridge when I come to it " type things...LOL
I couldn't think of a way to give the saddle bags more support, i was thinking of attaching a bar to the upper foot peg bolt and running that to the front corner of the lower rack.... but that isn't the weak point , the weak point is side to side motion ,not front to back front to back is very solid, and a bar like that would not stop side to side motion at all.... something from the frame right by the corner is what is needed.
that precludes a bar because of the tire so it must be to the frame. but that frame area is about 6" forward of that point and your not going to get very much support with that kind of leverage.....
You'll notice I used 10mm bolts to hold the rack on.... i didn't figure bolts any bigger would help as the aluminum I bolted to is so weak ! .....
.... on my Triumph 750 Bonneville I used 1/2" bolts to hold the back rack on... I can pick up the back of the bike with that rack......but on the TT250 what I'm hooking to ain't that strong !.... so YES it SHOULD be Hooked to the Frame !!!!
Bob....