View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 11:37 AM   #24

While I wait for my front axle tool to arrive to remove the forks from the shipping frame I decided to do a more detailed inspection for damage on the front of the bike.

The shipping box had a large hole in the front so initially I thought I would see damage to the front of the bike.

I did find more damage than initially discovered, nothing major, just more to add to the tally.

In short there is more damage to the forks from the front impact than I found at first. I moved all the dangling wires and bagged parts away from the left front fork and found a much larger impact and finish removed down to bare metal.

Wondering if any mounting bracket facing forward took impact damage I got out the measuring tape and inspected the front mount for what looks to be the headlight. It has recieved impact damage and from comparing the measurments it looked like the left side got hit both backwards towards the body of the bike and upwards towards the top of the forks at the same time.

I will inspect the wires and parts that were dangling in the front of the forks for damage next.
Attached Images