Thread: CCW Misfit
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #5

They make CG125 motorcycles in China all day long , probably every day of the week.

My question would be how much does the standard CG125 Honda copy sell for on average?

The CCW bike is not an exact copy of a CG125...it could be called a CG229 with its modifications, but how much do all these additions cost and actually what do they add to the bikes overall performance?.

The CCW has a thicker swing arm and it has a rectangular swingarm, the orginal Honda has a tubular swingarm.
But the telemetry of the frames look are very close, is the original CG125 frame not strong enough to support a more powerful engine? The CG125 also typically comes with drum brakes front and back the CCW offer hydraulic disks.

Could somebody just take the CG125 frame and add a bigger engine and then just put a front disk on it and call it a day? I think a OHC 200cc actually has more horsepower then the engine they are offering, people are so weird they see 250 and it means something to them? Makes me think of that song “tell me lies”?

That is what this M1NSK is….

M1NSK also altered theCG125 frame, they added a cradle under the engine, but kept the tubular swingarm. I would prefer the 200cc OHC or even better a 223cc OHC. The bikes do not need a disk rear brake only a decent front disk.