View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 10:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
What was Pete's reasoning on no TaoTao's? Curious... My Vader gen 2 from him has been flawless, despite now no longer being anything close to original..lol.
I spoke with him about this in 2018. I don't recall all the details, but he was not impressed with Taotao's overall quality. He also liked the fact that Boom/Baodiao here in the US would listen to him on improving the Vaders, which I am guessing Taotao would not. Plus, Boom carried parts. I recall the stock Vaders being somewhat hit or miss in 2015 or '16 here on Chinariders, but seemed to get better and better over time. Pete takes credit for that, and him being so literally close to Boom's headquarters and traveling there a few times a week makes me tend to believe he really did have something to do with the Vaders getting better.

Edit: I should add that there are not many Chinese bikes, or at least weren't, that were California legal, so not carrying the Tao was surprising to me since the mini category has been 'hot' for quite a while, but he really did not care for them.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard