Thread: Rpoc
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 09:56 AM   #666

Have you ever started a project and, several hours into it, you start to think, "WTF was I thinking?".

Behold, a model of the original Ural, the M72.

It's a 1/35 scale kit out of Russia and A LOT smaller than I expected. The frame and front fork took several hours because I'd drop a tiny part on the floor and spend ten minutes looking for it. Remembering that I had the 'octopus' in the other garage helped greatly. The frame pieces turned out to be molded somewhat bent.(Thanks, Ivan) So, it was glue one section. Let it set, then glue another section, then let it set. Ad infinitum.

The engine was about a dozen pieces and sits nicely on the quarter. My sausage fingers apparently do not like working with tiny pieces. Such that, I'm having flashbacks of being 8 years old with strings of model cement and ooky finger prints on a model of a 1964 Dodge. If I recall, the glue smelled better, too.

What sucks is that I also have a 1/35 BMW R75, which replaced the BMW R71, that became the Ural M72. Why? Because I'm an idiot.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts