View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 08:40 PM   #4

Having owned (and ridden) both types overseas, I think I can answer this. For the Wave clones, they're too slow and the frames are weak. For the CG, they're not as slow, but still too slow, plus almost nobody rides standards anymore, much less one with the ergonomics of one at 7/8 scale.

These issues aren't as critical in the third world, in part because people prefer motorized transportation that are cheap/durable. People ride the Wave clones because they're cheap.

Where I live, despite them being on the market for a long time, you never see one more than 2-3 years old because the frames are too fragile for the roads, thus most people step up to a CG or a Star 125, or else the Boxer 125 (the latter two both Indian), with the Boxers having a relatively fragile motor that is almost always replaced with a Chinese motor after 2-3 years.

The oddball things imported into the US are because the importers believe those things will sell, thus it's usually them importing/federalizing whatever random junk makes it in, like the Ruckus ice bear clones for example.