View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #3

Good call on the new thread. Sorry about the other one.

I didn't mean to sound like a "Gear Nazi" by any means. We are all adults and fairly free to do as we choose. Riding in and of itself is a risky proposition.

And while I don't intend on trying to force my opinion of gear of anyone, I refuse to encourage any other type of riding on a public forum where new riders may be lurking. I think the responsible thing to do is advise as much saftey as possible. If someone chooses to ignore the advice, that's their choice. Not a problem for me.

If I tell people it's all good to ride in jeans, however, and they return a month later showing me pics of their legs all rashed to hell, well then I'm going to feel a bit guilty.

I can live with the guilt and ignore it, but I choose to simply endorse ATGATT and maybe save someone a bit of skin. And yes, it is a wee bit of a "do as I say and not as I do" type thing, as I will ride around the block in next to nothing while warming up my bike for an oil change, or similar.

My comments in the other thread were aimed at anyone new to the sport, and probably shouldn't have been posted there in the first place. I got the impression the OP was a new rider, but he didn't ask for my opinion or say anything about jeans. :oops:

My gear:
HJC Full Face
3 Shift jackets - 1 textile, 1 mesh and 1 leather/textile mix
Tourmaster Quest textile pants / Teknic supervent mesh pants
Icon Standard boots
PowerTrip GrandNational Gloves / Cortech Scarab winter gloves
Skull Screws

I just got the earplugs. Still getting used to them. I hate having anything in my ears. :(
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project