View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 08:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
If you're not comfortable with removing the injector, you can still test the electrical signal from the ECU to the injector, this will at least verify that the ECU is commanding the injector to fire. The easiest way is with a "noid" light. It's just a small bulb with electrical pins that matches your fuel injector connector. They sell them in sets at auto parts stores for $20-$30. Plug one in that matches the pin spacing of your fuel injector connector and try to start the bike. While cranking, the noid light should blink on and off, confirming that the ECU is OK and is trying to feed fuel to the engine.

If it doesn't blink while cranking, then you have another issue apart from the fuel system; however, since it runs on starting fluid, I suspect the fuel system. You either have a clog somewhere, or an electrical problem with the injector.

Thank you for this. I’m very much a novice at wrenching and the idea of yanking the injector was lightly wigging me out. I will see if I can find a noid light. I’m guessing I’m going to have to pull everything apart again to get at the injector and the connector...to do this test, am I going to want to leave everything as connected as possible but maybe not sitting in its normal position? (2 plugs on the bottom of the gas tank probably need to stay connected, yes?)