View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
no I don't have a spare CDI unit, is Ebay the best place to get one? Are the all standard for cinese bikes? thanks for the help, Are there any other spare parts I should order as well?
The CDI units occasionally fail for all motorcycles. However, the Chinese CDI units have a reputation for failing more frequently than others. Therefore, it's a very good policy to have a spare CDI unit on hand. The spare CDI unit also greatly facilitates troubleshooting the electrical system.

The CDI units are not universal, and can be different for each motorcycle. Check your wiring diagram. You need to determine whether you have and AC-CDI, or a DC-CDI unit. Among other places, eBay is a good place to find a spare CDI unit for your Honda cloned engine.

Besides getting a spare CDI unit, it's always a good idea to have extra levers, cables, et cetera.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894