View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 10:42 AM   #2

First gen KLR, nice!

I have one just like it but mine is a 99 year, it's a similar green color too.

Did your bike already have the "Doo" upgraded to the Eagle Mike version yet? I should have the tools around here somewhere if you want to save some $$ and borrow them... it should be done sooner rather then later

In your area (usually Hotter temps), I doubt you will need a Thermo-Bob, but they really do help with the huge temp fluctuations these bikes see and I would still recommend one be put on all KLR 650 motorcycles

KLX needle and some jet work will really help with the few "dead spots" on accelerating with a stock carb, makes it accelerate nice and smooth all the way through the RPM range

And the clutch springs are a little soft for these bikes... I would recommend an upgrade to some Barnett 501-40-06058 springs (usually found on the Kawasaki ZX-10) originally found them on Schnitz Racing website

https://store.schnitzracing.com/schn...wasaki-klr650/

But amazon and ebay usually have them for the same price with no shipping charges

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.