View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #1

2014 Apollo 250, or is it?

Spur of the moment, I found and purchased a "2014 Apollo 250 with 30 miles on it". Found Monday and picked up Tuesday. While I'm a serious gear head, I'm new/ignorant about dirt bikes(I have had several Harleys). Before Monday, I didn't even know Chinese "copies" existed.
I immediately began researching the Apollo and had a replacement carb(mikuni) ordered before I'd even picked up bike.
I got the bike very cheap because the battery was dead and the "carb needs to be flushed since I haven't started it in a year." While it wouldn't start, I did kick it over a few times before I drove away, and It has significant compression.
So last night I start pulling it apart to swap the non adjustable carb, that I've read these come with. And I find a few interesting things:
1. It has a tag on frame that says 2008. That must have been a very long boat ride.
2. Previous owner claims to have purchased new from dealer and never had to replace anything. Yet, carb is fully adjustable.
3. While sitting in garage for "a year", in Arkansas. Gas in carb had completely jelled.
4. Bike also has raw wheels, while every Apollo I've seen on net has black wheels.
Does anyone have any insight for me?
He won't respond to my questions.....
Is it even an Apollo?
Ryan