View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onevette80 View Post
No pics yet.
Looking at their website, it appears to be an AGB-30E.
Does anyone know what American bike this is a copy of?
Please excuse my ignorance, but it looks like there are at least 3 different engines configurations amongst their 250cc bikes?
If you are looking at Apollo's China site, they show specs as what is available/optional to importers in various countries. In the US, they have EPA certified the bike year after year (my guess is you have to do this as long as your specs don't change, which makes the re-certification a simple paper deal vs. waiting a year or longer and having to go through the months long certification process which would start from scratch) with Zongshen 229cc engines, so those specs are what we in the US get.

There is no real copy that Apollo uses from what I can tell. In fact, they classify their bikes, from what I can see, as 'pit bikes' no matter what size they make the bike and/or engine, so I believe they are somewhat original, unless they model them off obscure Euro brands? I doubt that, however.

Until you post photos, based on your belief that it is a 30E, I am guessing we have not had that model since 2008 or thereabouts--I think the current bike is the 36, and maybe 38 models, but for sure, the 36, besides their pit bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard