Thread: Coleman CT200U
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #50

Today, I tested the fitment of the forks from my Fox Thunderbolt on the CT200U. They fit perfectly. The spacing of the brackets was as good as the stock forks. The swing arm and top clamp mounts will need to be cut in half to make them wide enough for the CT200U front wheel. I have several pair of shocks that mount to the forks. Not sure which I will use. I will cut the fork brackets and make them wider with .25” flat plate. It will be bolted and welded together for strength.

The Fox forks are made with 1” diameter tubing. I have several pieces of 1” to use on it. The front axle on the Coleman is 15mm. Thankfully, the Fox axle is smaller and a 19/32” bit will fix that. Everything looks good to move forward with this modification. A few pieces of hardware need to be sourced to mount the handlebars. I recently bought a set of BMX handlebars because they were a little higher. My tractor seat has also arrived.

Not a lot has been done but it’s getting closer. I ordered a Tillotson carburetor and a few other parts today. The CT will also get a Walbro fuel pump. Stay tuned, more soon.

SamM
Attached Images

2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Last edited by SamM; 01-23-2018 at 05:44 PM.