View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #3

I actually just ordered the Idle Adjustment upgrade ("the Doo") from Rocky Mountain ATV... just did the order earlier this morning after I found my (small) Tax return was deposited

When you get the Raptor Petcock, make sure you spend the few extra $ and get an actual "Yamaha/OE" branded fuel petcock, know a few people who had problems with the "eBay/no name ones", look for part # 5LP245000100 (this one has the right sized fuel connection), that was what showed up on my receipt when I got the Raptor 660 Petcock you might need to find out what all hoses/vents need to be blocked/bypassed/connected to make the bike run right again, it took me a few tries to get it right with my IMS gas tank

I skipped the 22 cent mod and just went with the KLX Needle and a Jet kit, I shortly dropped the Kawasaki Jets and Emulsion tube and went with a CV-Performance "Harley Davidson" Jets and Emulsion tube... have a few different Kawasaki pilot jets I'm going to try out to find out what I like best for jetting

With the KLX Needle my bike seemed to run good on with the Needle on the 2nd Clip, with a 140 main jet (stock 40 pilot jet... never tried other pilot sizes), and 1 and 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 turns out with the Air/Idle Mix screw.

Still messing with the "Harley Davidson" jetting, don't remember if I ever installed the 150, or if it was on my "to order list"... just went and checked my box-o-parts I'm only finding part numbers for 160 for the lowest HD main jet

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.