View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 01:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot313 View Post
Hey all, I rode dirt bikes many years ago but looking to get my first road bike. I have watched and read a lot and I think I want to go with a Lifan engine bike. But I can't decide which one. I'm browsing Venom's site and looking at SS3 150, X-Pect, KPM 200, and the KPR 200. I know the first question is which style do I want. Well I've always kind of wanted a Ninja style, so that would point to the KPR, but cost is also a concern and the SS3 and Xpect are cheaper and still very cool looking. As far as use, I would just be riding around for fun, not commuting. Venom's X22R Max caught my eye, it looks very good, but doesn't look like it has a Lifan engine, no liquid cooling, higher price. Thoughts?
I am biased towards dual-sport bikes, so would probably lean towards the X-Pect 200. It has been overshadowed by its larger dual-sport brethren, the KPX250, but with people 'striving' for that bike, you should be able to cut a deal on the X-Pect.

For style, the KPM200 looks great, and you stated you are riding for fun, not commuting, but I have heard its seat being flat for its style is actually uncomfortable as compared to its sportsbike sibling, the KPR200 or its street-fighter style KP200 sibling. Even for 'fun' rides vs. commuting, you may end up on a long ride and wouldn't want to be overly uncomfortable when it is over. But, I really like the style of it as compared to the KPR/KP 200 bikes.

The SS3 looks like a great bang for the buck bike, and you would probably want to follow Herbie's thread down in the 'Pit Bike/Scooter' section which also has his videos. However, he also owns the KPR200, so has the unique ability to give you insight into both bikes.

But, out of personal preference, I would probably lean towards the dual-sport, and for the reliability and price, the X-Pect 200 hits that spot for me out of all the Lifan bikes available through American Lifan.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 06-15-2023 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Gave wrong location of Herbie's SS3 thread